Just to give you a bit of background as to how I started to think of interviewing Baked by Jairah (Jenny).
It all started thinking of what other content I can share to all you that will give more inspirations, motivations, encouragement, especially during this pandemic.
And that’s how I thought of Jenny, how she reacted towards the pandemic. I thought it’s a very brave, practical, and wise way of getting some income, and that’s by baking and selling pastries online for pick-up or delivery. And later on, she realized, baking makes her happy, especially when she’s receiving feedback from her customers. 😍
And this is what I called “Empowering Your Life.”
So, how did I know Jenny, she used to be my colleague in an OTT company. She’s Philippines based, and I am in Singapore. Though we don’t communicate nor meet very often, in my opinion, to be Filipinos that just gave us the instant click kind of vibes. I just reached out to her and asked her if she will allow me to spare her time and interview her to bring encouragement or inspiration to many. And I got a ‘YES.’ 😊
What’s the story behind the name itself?
Baked By Jairah – Jenny’s initials from ‘JAI.’ It’s her college nickname. And that’s how the business name created. As they always say, the rest is history.
So, without further due, let’s get to know her, her story, and how she bravely push her baking skills into online business.
P.S. Apologies for the lag of the audio and video. We used Zoom.
I did the translation as well. I apologize in advance if there would be any incorrect translation 😇.
Here are the Key Takeaways:
- Things You Should Have or Do When starting Online Business
a. Do thorough research about the first things to have when starting an online business. I think our friendly Google will be able to help us in any way. 😊
b. Create your own Facebook Page/Instagram Business Account. Make sure that contact details and other essential details’ available. As Jenny mentioned, if not sure how to complete all necessary information – not to worry, Facebook will assist you along while completing your Facebook page. And the same thing with Instagram. When unsure, Google is your best friend 😊. Having Facebook Page or Instagram will help you post your content quickly in one place and also more accessible for your potential customers how or where to reach you out. Don’t forget, this way – your regular customers can easily promote your products by tagging your Page/Account when they have already tried your products. This way, you’ll reach more potential customers.
c. It’s a Learning Process
– it’s okay that you have plenty of empty information or not much content to post in your account. You’ll be able to complete those as you continue doing your online business.
d. Make Sure to Respond all Comments You have in Your Account Page and Practice Patience 😍
– Jenny mentioned that despite posting complete details, there will always potential customers or regular customers who will ask for details that already available in the post. Be patient and reply to their comments.
e. Don’t Be Afraid to Ask for Help
– “Every expert was once a beginner,” no one knows everything. So it’s okay to seek help when you really can’t figure out how to solve or improve things. You’ll be surprised how things will turn out when you start seeking help.
f. Join Open Groups that Related to Your Online Business
– like packaging, logo, printable cards, etc. You will gain more potential vendors and more potential customers, as well.
- Handling Customer Feedback
Be open to accept any type of feedback. The ultimate goal is to learn from feedback and to bring or make your products better. Always ask for constructive feedback, even if it’s not something you want to hear. It might not be comfortable in the beginning; this will take time. But in the end, you will build a good relationship with your customers as well. Take it as a win-win situation.
- Moms Out There who also have a great idea to give it a try entirely. Set a timeline to see if you will enjoy it or not. Without trying, you will never know. 😉
- Keep Going, Give It A Try, Give Your Full Effort, No Hesitations, and Do What You Can.
- How to Stay Positive?
– Know your Reasons; questions like below to ask yourself:
Why are you here?
Why are you living?
Why do you wake up every day?
— Whatever your reasons would be, that’s something you have to fulfill. There’s no room for negativity – “Aja Aja (아자아자)” – “Never give up, never stop fighting.”
And that’s a wrap! I hope you find this Zoom interview very encouraging, motivating, and inspiring to help you push yourself to the idea you have and to give it a try.
Remember, “Empower Your Life”
You won’t know your potential if you won’t give it a try 💖.
If you’re in the Philippines around the Manila area and would love to try her Filipino sweets, do visit her Facebook page: Baked By Jairah. Don’t forget to like and follow too 😍.
Feel free to post a comment for something that reminds you of this situation. Or if you find this post very helpful to push yourself to start doing what you wanted to do for a very long time. Good Luck!
You can follow my social media accounts as well where I post my favorite traveling experiences 📷, my new music covers, my dance moves, and of course my cooking clips 🎙️
– Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter
Video with the use of Zoom. Primary filter used and portrait mode thru iPhone – to enhance the quality of the subject. The Products’ Photos shared by Baked by Jairah.