“Self-awareness gives you the capacity to learn from your mistakes as well as your successes. It enables you to keep growing.”– Lawrence Bossidy
Do you really think you don’t have a choice to make in every aspect of your life to make it better?
How often do you ignore signals from your body telling you to either pause or watch out for eating habits or lifestyle, the people you’re surrounded with, and many others? How can we shift our thinking to serve us better? How can we begin taking action or create that tiny step to build a great and powerful routine or habits slowly?
Those and more are the questions that Mike answered in this episode.
Mike’s Online Mindset & Life Transformation Coach after he experienced Bell’s palsy that he later found out the cause of it. It made him curious to dig deeper into tools and practices that could help him take good care of himself and explore and experiment to bring more awareness of knowing himself better.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Focus on Yourself
- The Power of Reading Books
- Be the Observer/Watcher of Your Experience
- Consciously CHOOSE What You want TO DO
- Practice, Practice, Practice
- It’s OKAY to SCREW UP
- How to Deal with Negative Thoughts
- The WORTH comes from the WORK
- Focus on the Positive Things in Your Life
- Thinking Part = Write the Program = Habit
- Create a Routine One at a Time
- It is POWERFUL when you align your BODY and MIND
- Everything Originates from Our State Within
- Wim Hof Breathing to Increase Your Energy/Motivation
- You Have to Give Before You Get
- Hertz Emotional Frequency Chart
- Access Higher State of Energy = OXYGEN
- Problems are the Vehicles for us to GROW
- The Power of Journaling & Meditation
- Be able to LAUGH
- Learn A Little Bit More About What You EAT & DRINK
- Optimism is a CHOICE
01: 07 – 07:37 >>>Self Awareness Journey of Mike Garrick
07:37 – 24:44 >>>What is Self-Awareness, and why it’s important?
24:44 – 33:30 >>>Mike’s Personal Tips to Increase Self-Awareness
33:30 – 39:40 >>>How Do You Keep Yourself Optimistic?
39:40 – 40:11 >>>Where to Find Mike Garrick?
40:11 – 42:44>>>Mike’s Mantra To Live By!
If you pay attention to our conversations on this episode, there are these 2 words I think are super vital to reiterate: CHOICE and PRACTICE.
If you’re new to my blog, welcome, and thank you for taking the time to watch, listen and read this to EMPOWER YOUR LIFE.
In this episode, to put what we learn into action – is to practice detaching ourselves from our minds or thoughts to increase our level of Self Awareness. Now, I know you would have a lot of resistance – but always remember to mention this genuinely and with love to yourself is your ‘why,’ why you want to do a new routine or habit in your life? It could be because you want to have a healthy lifestyle, you want to feel good, you want to boost your self-esteem, and confidence, you name it and write it down. So it’s easier to speak to yourself whenever you start catching yourself talking negatively…Practice, practice, practice until you see the progress that Mike and I can guarantee you – you will feel, experience, and see yourself when negativity kicks in and know how t handle it better. The other suggestion to take action and practice is the Wim Hof Breathing; this would be very helpful when your energy level is either too low or high from the negative state. If it’s your first time hearing it, give it a try. If you’re aware of it and have not practiced it, start replacing the other habit that no longer serves you. And if you can’t find a reason to try this – start by saying you want to love yourself more; therefore – you’re more willing to try something new that will serve you and get to know yourself better.
In the comments below, let us know:
- What Insight(s) you got from this episode?
- What is the 1 step you are willing to commit to increasing your Self Awareness?
- With the Wim Hof Breathing Technique, share with us your experience
No matter how big or small you want to achieve, take action now, use everything you learned from this episode, and keep go ng for your goals. Take small steps every day.